Matthew Allen, Vet MB, PhD, Section Treasurer
Laurie Goodrich, DVM, PhD, Section Secretary
Kurt Hankenson, DVM, PhD, Section Chair
Dianne Little, PhD, DVM, Section Research & Education Chair
Stephan Zeiter, DVM, PhD, DipECLAM, Section Chair Elect
Thank you to the AO Foundation for sponsoring the ORS Preclinical Models Section Meeting breakfast!
The first annual section meeting featured presentations from:
- Lee Meakin, PhD, VetMB (University of Bristol)
- Marjolein C. van der Meulen, PhD (Cornell University
- Russell Main, PhD (Purdue University)
- Matthew Silva, PhD (Washington University in St. Louis)
- Sandra Shefelbine, PhD (Northeastern University)
- Bettina Willie, PhD (McGill University)
Bettina Willie, PhD and Russell Main, PhD served as moderators and led the audience in discussion to the scientific meeting theme of Developing Best Practices for Models of In Vivo Loading.
Ken Kozloff, PhD, University of Michigan, served as provocateur and led an innovative discussion toward defining reproducibility, standardization, and animal welfare in this model.
Section meeting attendees were also invited to join the Section Officers for an offsite networking event during the evening on Sunday, March 19.
Be on the lookout for more information about the 2018 Section Meeting in New Orleans, Louisiana.