Your work can still be a part of the ORS 2019 Annual Meeting! The ORS Program Committee invites submissions on ground-breaking, innovative scientific research on musculoskeletal disease.
One session will be dedicated to Late Breaking podium presentations. The remainder of the selected abstracts will be presented as posters.
The deadline to submit a Late Breaking Abstract is Monday, November 19 (5:00 PM Central Time)!
The late-breaking poster abstract category allows for the submission of truly late-breaking scientific research for which no preliminary data was available at the time of the August 27, 2018 abstract submission deadline.
Work that has been accepted prior to the ORS late-breaking submission deadline of November 19, 2018, for publication as a manuscript or will be presented prior to the ORS meeting in February 2019 is ineligible for consideration. Please note: Abstracts presented at an ORS regional meeting do not fall under these guidelines.
This category is not a mechanism to allow for updated data to complement preliminary research abstracts that were submitted by the general submission deadline of August 27. Resubmissions of abstracts not accepted to the ORS 2019 Annual Meeting will be disqualified.
- Abstracts are submitted with the understanding when accepted the presenting author will register and attend the meeting. If the presenting author cannot attend, a registered co-author may present on their behalf with prior notification to the ORS.
- Late-Breaking abstracts accepted as posters will be displayed for the entire duration of the assigned poster session: Poster Session 1 or Poster Session 2. Authors do not have a choice of which poster session they are selected for.
- The abstract submitted is based upon the best available evidence and does not promote or recommend relevant products or services as part of the abstract presentation.
- Abstract must present results of work substantially performed prior to submission.
- No two abstracts that share one or more authors may overlap significantly in content.
- Complete ALL steps of the submission.
- Authors should create their abstract in a Word document following the ORS Formatting Guidelines.
- Make sure the abstract is one-page and lists all authors.
- Copy and paste the text of the abstract from the Word document into the online submission.
- Upload images/tables to support your abstract online. Three images and/or tables are allowed per abstract.
- SAVE THE FILE AS A PDF. The PDF file will be the final abstract used for the mobile app and ORS website. (Please make sure ALL authors are listed on the PDF.)
- You will not be able to make any edits to late breaking submitted abstracts.
- Acceptance notices will be sent on December 5, 2018.