The late-breaking poster abstract category allows for the submission of truly late-breaking scientific research for which no preliminary data was available at the time of the August 26, 2019 abstract submission deadline.
Work that has been accepted prior to the ORS late-breaking submission deadline of November 18, 2019, for publication as a manuscript or will be presented prior to the ORS meeting in February 2020 is ineligible for consideration. Please note: Abstracts presented at an ORS regional meeting do not fall under these guidelines.
This category is not a mechanism to allow for updated data to complement preliminary research abstracts that were submitted by the general submission deadline of August 26. Resubmissions of abstracts not accepted to the ORS 2020 Annual Meeting will be disqualified.
- Abstracts are submitted with the understanding when accepted the presenting author will register and attend the meeting. If the presenting author cannot attend, a registered co-author may present on their behalf with prior notification to the ORS.
- Late-Breaking abstracts accepted as posters will be displayed for the entire duration of the assigned poster session: Poster Session 1 or Poster Session 2. Authors do not have a choice of which poster session they are selected for.
- The abstract submitted is based upon the best available evidence and does not promote or recommend relevant products or services as part of the abstract presentation.
- Abstract must present results of work substantially performed prior to submission.
- No two abstracts that share one or more authors may overlap significantly in content.