$25,000 Award in Orthopaedics
The Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons® and the Orthopaedic Research Society jointly sponsor the CORR® ORS Richard A. Brand Award for Outstanding Orthopaedic Research. The Award will be given to an individual based on the quality and scientific merit of an original paper focusing on a topic of clinical relevance.
- The primary author must be an ORS or ABJS member in good standing.
- The manuscript must be an original work and eligible for submission to Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research® (CORR®) in accordance with the CORR® Guidelines for Authors.
- Candidate must submit his or her manuscript to CORR® for consideration of publication in order to be considered for the award.
- If the manuscript is not accepted by CORR® for publication, the author(s) agree to submit the manuscript to the Journal of Orthopaedic Research (JOR) for consideration of publication.
- The manuscript and material contained within it must not be the subject of prior significant awards, prizes, or submitted for publication to any journal.
- Only one manuscript per primary author may be submitted.
- The winning paper must be presented at the next annual meeting of the Orthopaedic Research Society, March 10-13, 2018, in New Orleans, LA.
- Award winner must attend the ORS Awards Gala Dinner during the ORS Annual Meeting. Two complimentary tickets will be provided.
- Award winner will include the title of the award in podium presentations and written materials regarding the manuscript.
- Award recipient will not submit the work for eligibility for any additional major awards for the same or directly related work during the same year as receiving the CORR® ORS Award.
- The ORS Annual Meeting registration fee will be waived for the award recipient.
- Payment of the $25,000 award will be made to the winner following their presentation at the ORS Annual Meeting.
- Award winner will be invited to present the winning paper at the 2019 ABJS annual meeting in Newport, RI, July 17-21. Travel and hotel expenses will be paid by the ABJS.
- The Award Committee will consider the quality and scientific merit of an original paper focusing on a topic of clinical musculoskeletal relevance.
- The Award Committee will consider the relevance and impact of the study in making their decision.
- Submissions must be made electronically via the CORR® Editorial Manager website (www.editorialmanager.com/corr). Please choose the CORR® ORS Richard A. Brand Award for Outstanding Orthopaedic Research as the article type. Submissions will be accepted from August 16 to October 31, 2017, and must adhere to the CORR® Guidelines for Authors (www.clinorthop.org/author-guidelines). All submissions must contain a structured Abstract (fewer than 250 words), an Introduction (fewer than 500 words), a Discussion, and any appropriate intervening sections. The word count must be less than 5000 words. Please use the downloadable templates from the Instructions for Authors at www.clinorthop.org under the “Tools for Authors” tab. If you have problems submitting, please contact the CORR® office at 215.392.0270. Submissions will not be accepted after October 31, 2017.
- Full disclosure of any financial support received for the works and/or full disclosure of any financial conflicts of interest related to the work are required.
- Establishment of authorship must be based on published CORR® policy.
- All institutional affiliations of authors or acknowledged individuals must be specified.
The deadline for submission is October 31, 2017.
Please address all inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the title of the Award in the subject line.
The Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons®
CORR® ORS Richard A. Brand Award for Outstanding Orthopaedic Research
300 S. Northwest Highway, Suite 203
Park Ridge, IL 60068