- Honorarium of $1,000
- Complimentary registration for the ORS Annual Meeting
To qualify for the award, individuals must:
- Be an Assistant Professor (or equivalent) within 10 years of completion of their terminal degree
- Publish a manuscript in JOR Spine (as lead or corresponding author) by October of the year in which they are under consideration
- Be an ORS Spine Section member in good standing
- Be a registered attendee of the ORS Annual Meeting and present at the ORS Awards Ceremony to receive the award
Interested individuals should contact the Editorial Office at [email protected] by October 31, 2019, providing details on their academic status (in the form of an academic CV) as well as details on their JOR Spine manuscript in review or accepted for publication. Review of applications for the JOR Spine Early Career Award will be performed by a committee consisting of the EICs and members of the ORS Spine Section Executive Committee. Manuscripts will be judged on the quality of science, the potential impact, and the innovation of the work. Decisions will be made by November of the year preceding the year in which it is awarded.