ORS Meniscus Section Impact Award
The Meniscus Section presents the inaugural ‘Impact Award’ to honor an established meniscus researcher in the ORS who demonstrates impactful meniscus research and impactful collaborations, mentorship, and innovation.
The nominee must:
- Be an ORS Member and Meniscus Section member in good standing.
- Be an independent faculty member or equivalent for at least 10 years.
- Have impacted the meniscus field throughout their research career.
- Demonstrated engagement in the ORS Meniscus Section meetings (ie. as an attendee, speaker, panelist, and/or committee member).
- Have exemplified collegiality, collaboration, innovation, and mentorship during their career.
- Have demonstrated a commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) during their career.
Active Meniscus Section Officer/Committee members are not eligible for the Meniscus Section Impact Award.
Nominations from colleagues and peers or self-nominations are equally encouraged. A single letter of nomination describing how the nominee fits the nomination criteria above is required for the nomination as well as either an NIH-style biosketch or maximum 5-page CV that highlights the nomination criteria.
Nominees will be evaluated by a sub-committee of the Meniscus Section executive committee based on the nomination criteria (impactful meniscus research, engagement in ORS Meniscus Section meeting, collegiality, collaboration, innovation, mentorship, and a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion).
The awardee will be recognized at the Meniscus Section meeting at the Annual ORS Meeting in 2024 with a custom commemorative plaque and will have the opportunity to provide an award acceptance address.