The Mentor Match Program is designed to pair early career investigators within our orthopaedic research community with experienced investigators in the hope that the two will learn from one another and enjoy a stronger, more fruitful professional experience. ORS’ multidisciplinary membership offers a myriad of opportunities to connect.
Mentors and mentees will meet during the ORS Annual Meeting in New Orleans.
Mentors and Mentees are matched based on common interests. Mentees have the opportunity to indicate their preferred Mentors.
What Can I Expect from Participating?
At the start of your match you will receive an introductory email with your mentor and mentee information. Mentors and mentees will meet during the ORS Annual Meeting in New Orleans at a mutually agreed date, time, and location and continue to meet beyond the annual meeting.
Enrollment for the Mentor Match Program is now open!
January 12, 2018
Enrollment for the Mentor Match Program Closes
March 10-13, 2018
Mentors/Mentees in-person meetings
Mentor Match Program Requirements
Mentors are expected to…
- Mentors need to fill out Mentor Match Form
- Meet in-person during the ORS Annual Meeting
- Commit to a focused conversation with your Mentee
- Provide insights, knowledge and understanding in an informative manner to benefit the Mentee in professional growth
- Be willing to continue mentoring relationship for one year
Mentees are expected to…
- Mentees need to fill out Mentor Match Form to aid in the finding the best match.
- Mentees are responsible for facilitating the relationship and must invite and set-up an in-person meeting with a Mentor during the ORS Annual
- Mentees are responsible for driving the relationship, meaning that Mentees must have clear goals for what they want to achieve from participation and take responsibility for pursuing those objectives
At this time, we are not accepting any additional Mentees.