Split Rock Resort
428 Moseywood Rd
Lake Harmony, PA 18624
Located in the beautiful Pocono Mountains, Split Rock Resort is going to be a wonderful venue for the ORS PSRS 4th International Philadelphia Spine Research Symposium!
The venue will provide attendees with the unique opportunity to network and connect with others each afternoon while enjoying a variety of activities, from exploring the nearby mountains, Lake Harmony, or a game of bowling.
There is no need to book your hotel. Once your registration has been processed, we will make your reservation for you at the Split Rock Resort.
The meeting registration fee includes your hotel stay for arrival on Monday, October 23 and departure on Friday, October 27. Meals will also be provided. There are no pro-rated registration rates available, as you are encouraged to attend the entire meeting.
ORS will be providing shuttle service to and from the Philadelphia International Airport and the Split Rock Resort (meeting location). Reservations ARE required to take the shuttle. Please complete this form by Friday, October 13 to reserve a seat (confirmed flights are required to book the shuttle). Shuttle departures will be scheduled around your arrival into PHL.
Suggested arrival and departure times are below if you have not already booked your flights. View a copy of the full agenda here.
- Monday, October 23: flights arriving between 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM
- Please note: Dinner will be served at 6:00 PM with the session starting at 7:30 PM
- Friday, October 27: flights after 1:00 PM
- Please note: Breakfast will be served at 7:30 AM
The Resort is approximately a 2-hour drive from the airport. We suggest these times to help skip rush-hour traffic, and to allow for sufficient time to get through airport security. For questions about shuttle service please e-mail Natalie Hinman, ORS Meeting Planner, at [email protected].
Split Rock Resort is located in the beautiful Pocono Mountains with access to 4 airports. Each option will have different availability based on your origin city.
From Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE) (1.5 hours, 55 miles)
Lehigh Valley, PA. Rt. 22 West to I-476 Pennsylvania Turnpike North to Pocono Exit (95). Make a left onto Rt. 940 East and follow signs to Split Rock Resort. At the first traffic light, turn right on to Moseywood Road, you will see two large stone pillars at the entrance to Split Rock Resort. 60 Minutes.
From Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport (AVP) (40 minutes, 30 miles)
Avoca, PA. Take I 81 South to Rt. 115 South to Pennsylvania Turnpike South to Pocono Exit (95). Make a left onto Rt. 940 East and follow the signs to Split Rock Resort. At the first traffic light, turn right on to Moseywood Road, you will see two large stone pillars at the entrance to Split Rock Resort. 30 Minutes.
From Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) (1 hour, 45 minutes, 105 miles)
Philadelphia, PA. Take Interstate 95 South to Interstate 476 (the Blue Route) North to Exit 95. Make a left onto Rt. 940 East and follow the signs to Split Rock Resort. At the first traffic light, turn right on to Moseywood Road, you will see two large stone pillars at the entrance to Split Rock Resort. 2 Hours.
From Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) (2 hours, 118 miles)
Newark, NJ. Interstate 78 West to Rt. 24 North to Rt. 287 North to Interstate 80 West towards Delaware Water Gap. In Pennsylvania, continue to Exit 284 (Blakeslee) and turn right on to Rt. 115 North to 1st traffic light. Make a left onto Rt. 940 West and follow the signs to Split Rock Resort. At the next traffic light, turn left on to Moseywood Road, you will see two large stone pillars at the entrance to Split Rock Resort. 1 Hour, 30 Minutes.
Shuttle Information: ORS will organize a shuttle service to and from Philadelphia International Airport. Those wishing to take the shuttle will be required to book and pay for the shuttle on their own. More information on this will be posted closer to the meeting.
It can now take as long as four months to obtain a visa to enter the U.S. Please use the following links for more information regarding obtaining visas, machine readable passports and registering with the U.S. Homeland Security’s ESTA program.
- Visa applications should be made no later than 90 days prior to travel.
- U.S. Department of State: Temporary Visitors to the U.S.
- International Visitors Office: Travel to the United States
- US Customs and Border Protection Travel Authorization Website
- Find the nearest US Embassy or Consulate
- Fill out an electronic visa application
- The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) allows citizens of specific countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business, for 90 days or less, without obtaining a non-immigrant visa. For a list of participating countries and additional information about the program, visit the U.S. Department of State’s Visa Waiver Program
- Additional information on obtaining a VISA from China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan.
Official Letter of Invitation
ORS will be able to provide a personalized letter to assist you in obtaining a visa. Please send an email to [email protected] to request a personalize invitation letter to assist in your visitor visa application process.
Please note, entry visas into the United States are issued at the sole discretion of a US consulate general. ORS is happy to assist with requested documentation but is unable to intercede beyond the documentation.
- Casual attire is encouraged! Jeans, gym shoes, sandals, etc.
- Split Rock Resort is situated in a basin surrounded by mountains. While days are warm, mornings, evenings and meeting rooms tend to be chilly. Make sure you bring a jacket!
- You have unstructured networking time, so make the most of these opportunities to explore the surrounding area with fellow attendees. There are plenty of hiking options and other recreational activities, so pack accordingly.
Weather: Check out the 10-day weather forecast for Lake Harmony to help you pack.
Contact Natalie Hinman, ORS Meetings Coordinator, at [email protected].