Suggested Arrival & Departure Dates
Arrival: Thursday, November 15, before 12:00 PM
The first session starts at 2:00 PM
Departure: Sunday, November 18, at anytime
The last session ends at 10:00 PM on Saturday, November 17
OHSU Old Library Auditorium
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road
Portland, Oregon 97239
Hyatt House Portland/Downtown
2080 SW River Drive
Portland, Oregon 97201
There are several advantages to staying at the Hyatt House Portland:
- Discounts: The ORS negotiates with the hotel to get the lowest rates possible.
- Keeps costs down: When you support the ORS by staying at our hotel, we are able to negotiate better rates with the hotel, and pass the savings on to you with lower registration and room rates.
The deadline to make your reservation was Wednesday, October 31, 2018. The hotel has now sold out and there are no additional rooms available. To make changes to an existing reservation please call the hotel at 503-241-2775.
Please note: All award finalists and speakers are required to stay at the Hyatt House Portland.
|Room Type||Room Rate* (Includes Breakfast)|
|Single Occupancy (one guest)||$129.00/night|
|Double Occupancy (two guests)||$129.00/night|
|Triple Occupancy (three guests)||$139.00/night|
|Quadruple Occupancy (four guests)||$149.00/night|
*Rates are per night, exclusive of tax. Current room tax is 15.3% and is subject to change. Final room rates per person is dependant on the actual number of occupants.
The closest airport is Portland International Airport – PDX, about 25 minutes from the Hyatt House Portland.
There are several taxi providers that service PDX. For a full list and contact information, please visit the PDX website.
LYFT & UBER
Both LYFT and UBER service PDX.
- Business casual attire is encouraged.
- While the weather may be mild, meeting rooms tend to be cold. Make sure you bring a jacket!
Check out the 10-day weather forecast for Portland to help you pack.
It can now take as long as four months to obtain a visa to enter the US Please use the following links for more information regarding obtaining visas, machine readable passports and registering with the US Homeland Security’s ESTA program.
- Visa applications should be made no later than 90 days prior to travel.
- US Department of State: Temporary Visitors to the US
- International Visitors Office: Travel to the United States
- US Customs and Border Protection Travel Authorization Website
- Find the nearest US Embassy or Consulate
- Fill out an electronic visa application
- The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) allows citizens of specific countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business, for 90 days or less, without obtaining a non-immigrant visa. For a list of participating countries and additional information about the program, visit the U.S. Department of State’s Visa Waiver Program webpage.
- Additional information on obtaining a VISA from China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan
Official Letter of Invitation
ORS will be able to provide a personalized letter to assist you in obtaining a visa. Please contact the ORS at [email protected] to request an invitation letter and include your full name, institution, and complete mailing address. A personalize invitation letter will be sent to you via email to assist in your visitor visa application process.
If you are presenting a paper or poster at the meeting, please let us know in your request so that we can include the presentation information in your personalized invitation letter.
Please note, entry visas into the United States are issued at the sole discretion of a US consulate general. ORS is happy to assist with requested documentation but is unable to intercede beyond the documentation.
Contact Natalie Hinman, ORS Meeting Planner, at [email protected].