What Are Sections?
A Section is an affiliate of the parent organization, the Orthopaedic Research Society (ORS), and as such, members are also bound by the Rules and Regulations and bylaws of the parent organization.
The purpose of the Section is to promote the common interest of Society members in specified areas of research related to orthopaedics and the musculoskeletal system.
Sections are a means of increasing communication and interaction among individuals of similar interest within the framework of a larger organization. While Sections facilitate relationships and work among individuals with a common interest, they also provide an opportunity for those individuals to participate actively in the ORS.
Why Should I Join a Section?
Each ORS Section is diverse and unique in different areas of musculoskeletal research.
- Communicate and interact with fellow ORS Section members through, newsletters, the Section website, social media outlets, online Section Member only community forums, section related events/programs, and the annual ORS Section Scientific Meeting at the ORS Annual Meeting
- Networking opportunities in with fellow colleagues within a similar special interest area and research community
- Professional development opportunities through ORS Section related programs
- Keep up to date with new developments in research in that specific ORS Section
- Participating in an ORS Section is a great way to become involved in the ORS
How Do I Join a Section?
Since ORS Sections are integral parts of the Society, Section membership requires membership in the ORS. All current members of the ORS are eligible to join one or more Sections of the ORS paying appropriate Section membership dues.
If you are currently an ORS member, and would like to add a Section membership, please complete the Join an ORS Section application form.
Not a Current Member of ORS?
Join the ORS and an ORS Section today by completing the online membership application form.
Current ORS Research Sections
(Click on each section name to learn more.)
ORS International Section of Fracture Repair
ORS Meniscus Section
ORS Orthopaedics Implants Section
ORS Preclinical Models Section
ORS Spine Section
ORS Tendon Section