The 2024 Call for Volunteers is now closed.
Give back to the ORS and the orthopaedic community by volunteering your knowledge, skills, ideas, resources, and experience.
- Join a Committee
A group of members across various functional areas of ORS who lead initiatives that align with the mission, vision, and strategic objectives of the society. For more information on committees, click here.
- Join a Section
A section is a small, intimate community of like-minded peers that promote the common interest of ORS members in a specific area of research related to orthopaedics and the musculoskeletal system. For more information on sections, click here.
- Become a Journal Reviewer
Journal Article/Peer Reviewers assess the validity, quality, and originality of articles for publication in JOR and JORS.
- Assist with the ORS Open Door Program
The purpose of Open Door is to make the latest musculoskeletal research accessible to the general public and raise awareness of the impact of research advances. Primary Objectives:
- Highlight the strong potential of orthopedic research to impact clinical care
- Engage public support for scientific funding
- Highlight ORS diversity with regard to sex, age, and research topics
- Become a Mentor
More information on the ORS Mentoring Program is coming soon. If you are interested in becoming a mentor or mentee, click here.
- Join the ORS Board of Directors
Look for more information on the Call for Board Member Nominations in early Fall 2023.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Meet new people in the orthopaedic area
- Share your knowledge and expertise with others
- Chance to become a leader within the society
- Have a voice in the content published in JOR and JOR Spine
- Help the society realize its mission and strategic plan
- A member of good standing, which means have paid dues through December 31, 2023
- Members cannot serve on more than once committee or section at one time