Join the ORS!
The ORS looks forward to welcoming you to our research community comprised of an international and multi-disciplinary membership from around the globe. The society is dynamic and diverse providing our members with an international forum to share new research findings, discuss new ideas and to collaborate in innovative ways.
Membership is available to anyone actively involved in musculoskeletal science, research related to orthopaedic surgery and associated fields.
The benefits of ORS membership include:
- An annual online subscription to the Journal of Orthopaedic Research® (JOR)
- No cost to submit your manuscript to JOR
- 20% discount on JOR Spine article publication charges (APC)
- Special member rates for LearnORS, our on-demand on-line complete learning experience
- Eligibility for travel grants, research grants, research fellowships
- Special member rates to attend ORS meetings, conferences, and workshops
- Eligibility to participate and contribute as a workshop organizer, research interest group organizer, speaker, committee member and more!
- Special members rates when posting your career or post-doc opportunity on the ORS Career Center
- Free registration to virtual Scientific and Career Development Sessions
- Complimentary access to the ORS Video Library
ORS Categories of Membership:
Undergraduate student, graduate student, medical student or MD/PhD student
Post-Doc, Resident, or Fellow
Academic staff technicians, lab managers or others with similar roles
Assistant professor, instructor/lecturer (excluding clinicians/surgeons)
Membership is defined as Academic Faculty (associate professors, professors, orthopaedic surgeons, clinicians). This also applies to individuals in the industry/private sector (engineers/scientists, research staff, directors, administrators, and managers); within government (administrators, directors, engineer/scientist, and research staff); and in private Practice (clinicians, orthopaedic surgeons)
Current ORS members may be eligible for Emeritus, or retired, status. If you are an ORS member who has been a member of the society for at least 15 consecutive years, are age 65 and up, and are currently retired, please email your request for Emeritus Membership to [email protected].
ORS Annual Membership Dues
|Member Category||Annual Membership Dues|
Interested ORS Section Membership?
An ORS Section is a small, intimate community of like-minded peers that promote the common interest of ORS members in a specific area of research related to orthopaedics and the musculoskeletal system. Currently, ORS has seven sections:
- Fracture Repair
- Orthopaedic Implants
- Preclinical Models
- Strategies in Clinical Research
You can join section(s) today or at any time.
ORS Research Section Membership Dues
|Section||Student and Post-Graduate Trainees||Affiliate, Early Career, and Established|
|Strategies in Clinical Research||$25||$50|
- After receiving your membership application and payment, your application will be reviewed, and your membership activated within 5 business days.
- ORS reserves the right to decline a membership application.
- Please note all membership applications will be reviewed to ensure you have applied for the correct category of membership.
If you have any questions about becoming a member of the ORS, please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or 847-823-5770. We look forward to hearing from you!