- NIRA candidates must have completed a residency (i.e., MD, DVM, or equivalent) or a PhD at the time of submission of their abstract to qualify, and must not have more than the equivalent of 5 years of active research experience (i.e., approved institutional leaves of absence excluded) beyond completion of their residency or PhD.
- Candidates must be the first-listed and presenting author on the abstract submitted for the annual meeting, as well as corresponding author and cannot be a previous award winner.
- The work must clearly be that of the applicant and not that of any co-author.
- NIRA finalists are selected based on the qualifying questions answered during the online abstract submission.
- Candidates must be a member of the ORS in good standing*.
*Note: If you are not a member of the ORS, visit our membership section of the website for an application.
NIRA finalists are chosen to present at the Annual Meeting – an oral presentation in the NIRA Presentations Session and a poster that will be up all four days of the meeting. NIRA Finalists must be present at their posters during the Poster Sessions to maintain eligibility. Alternates cannot present on their behalf. Finalists will be interviewed by the NIRA committee.
Award recipients will be selected upon the quality and presentation of material in the abstract during the podium presentation.
Awards are presented at the ORS Annual Meeting.
The Call for Submissions is Now Closed.
For more information contact Matt Zuleg [email protected]