The ORS is dedicated to fostering excellence in orthopaedic research and increasing the representation of original research in clinical and translational medical research among clinician scientists. Towards this goal, the ORS is pleased to announce the ORS Travel Grants in Orthopaedic Research Translation.
These grants, established in 2009, recognize clinician scientists and clinical investigators in the early stages of their career who have played a key or leading role in an original research project in clinical or translational medicine, and who have demonstrated excellence in training and a commitment to orthopaedic research.
- Honorarium of $500 each to be used toward travel to the ORS Annual Meeting
- Up to Fourteen (14) recipients will be selected
Grant determinations will be made based on the quality of the applicant’s study described in a submitted abstract in the area of clinical or translational research as determined by the ORS Awards and Recognition Committee and satisfaction of all eligibility criteria.
- Applicants must have obtained an MD, DO, DDM, DPT, DDS, DVM or equivalent
- Applicants should be no more than five years past completion of a clinical residency or fellowship program. The five years of eligibility are defined from the date of completion of residency training or a clinical subspecialty fellowship training
- Must be an ORS member in good standing
Applicants must submit:
- Completed application form submitted at time of abstract submission to the ORS Annual Meeting – please see attached form
- Copy of the submitted abstract for award consideration on which the applicant must be the first AND presenting author of the abstract
- Brief biographical sketch/CV of the nominee indicating current employment and dates of training and education (2-pages maximum)